Monday, 1 October 2012

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)'When a local boy is killed by wolves, Grace's small town becomes a place of fear and suspicion. But Grace can't help being fascinated by the pack, and by one yellow-eyed wolf in particular. There's something about him - something almost human. Then she meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away...

A chilling love story that will have you hooked from the very first page.'


This novel is told from both Grace and Sam's point of view. I thought the transitions between their two perspectives were well done; there was no jumping, and the writing really did flow.

The writing style of this book was perfect; elegant, descriptive and flowing. I really enjoyed Maggie Steifvater's writing, and hope to enjoy it again some time soon!

The romance between Sam and Grace was very cute and I really enjoyed watching their relationship blossom! I didn't have any kind of problem with the insta-love that you often find in YA novels; Sam and Grace's relationship developed, for me, at the right pace.

The only problem I had with this book was that it was far too long for the amount that happened in it. There wasn't too much of a plot, and I felt some aspects of the book were dragged on far too long. I therefore decided to give Shiver 4/5 stars, but if it had been around 100 pages shorter, it probably would have been a 5!

What did you think of Shiver?

4 comments:

  1. Shiver was nice... I enjoyed it, altough I sometimes got bored. The ending was very sad! I felt like crying... I still have to read the rest of the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was boring in some places. I have the rest of the series waiting, and I've heard that it gets better, so we'll see!

      Delete
  2. Hei, i'm from brazil
    and i loved you channel on youtube.
    dont you post your videos here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you very much. Yeah, I am going to start to post my videos here. Maybe not all, but most.

      Delete