April was a terrible reading month for me. Although I got through 5 books, it took me the whole month to get through all of them because I kept stopping and starting without ever reading more than 20 pages. Saying that, I did read some good books and discover what I think is my favourite book of all time, so it wasn't too bad in the end.
1. When God was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman - I was disappointed by this book, and my expectations weren't really all that high. I was in the mood for something reminiscent with good writing, and although both of those things were fulfilled to a certain extent, there was no story to be told and towards the end it felt like the author was trying to throw stupid, non-realistic twists in to make the plot more interesting, but it backfired and made me dislike it even more. 3/5 stars.
2. Going Out by Scarlett Thomas - I really liked this one. I love the author's writing style, so there were no problems there. I didn't feel it was as clever or as adventurous as The End of Mr. Y, but it was still a good read. 4/5 stars.
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - All time favourite. I absolutely loved it. The writing was nothing short of beautiful and the story was tragic and poignant and all the things it should have been. A definite 5/5 stars.
4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I was disappointed in this one, too. The writing annoyed me and I felt like there was too much emphasis on the romance rather than the struggles that Mara was going through. However I did enjoy it, and you can read my full review here for more, but I decided on a 3/5 stars.
5. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - LOVED this one. Although the cover of my edition (not this one) is hideous and made it look super tacky, it was actually a really great read. I loved the main character Sophie and the story was just really well built. 4/5 stars, review coming later on in the week!
Those are all the books I read in April, let me know what books you read below!